Tuesday, May 17, 2016

No stamping - Direct Colouring On Die Cuts Flowers With Distress Inks

Hello, I am back with a flowery card for Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.  This card are made by using My Favourite Things Desert Bouquet Die set.  However, instead of using its co-ordinating stamp set, I decided to take out my sponge dauber and distress inks to colours the die cut pieces.  I die cut the flower pieces first on Arches 140LB watercolour paper.  The flower pieces were die coloured using distress inks and sponge dauber. I like how the watercolour paper grabs the ink when I apply the ink using sponge dauber.  

The leaves are die cut using the scrap paper from my Clear & Sheer - Watercolored Bird on Embossed Vellum Background card.  I used the same die from this watercolored bird project to die cut the leaves.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Sending And Wishing Stamp set. 

I hope you like this card and have a super creative day :)



Here is the supply list.




No comments:

Post a Comment