Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Clear & Sheer - Watercoloured Bird on Embossed Vellum Background

We were very busy attending our garden and doing the lawn over the weekend.  The garden looks clean and tidy now and I have some time to make some cards.  

This card is made after I took the Clear and Sheer, and the Watercolor for Card Makers - Intermediate card making class from Online Card Classes!  Yes, I registered in two classes at the same time and watched all the video tutorials in these past few days! 

Love the Online Card Classes' new website and the Crafty Chat!  To me, I think the Crafty Chat is a must watch for every card makers.  It was fun, informative and insightful...and I got to know all the fabulous card makers better! 

Okay, I have babbled enough, let's look at the card I made today!





The background of this card was done by embossing a white vellum with We R Memory Keepers Sprig embossing folder.  

The bird and the leaves are done using Sennelier Watercolour on a 140lb Arches watercolour cold press paper.  I first dropped the colours on the watercolour paper and let the pigments in water to do the magic themselves.   After it is completely dried, I die cut the bird and the leaves out.  I wanted the bird to standout more so I dropped more watercolour on it few more times.  As you can see the colours on the bird is more vibrant!

The embossed vellum background was adhered to a 100lb card stock using Zig Memory System 2 way glue pen on all the corners and the edges.  I used a stronger adhesive, Tombow Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the area where the vellum is covered by the strip of paper.

The sentiment was stamped and embossed on a piece of distressed pearlescent paper.  I used Distress Inks to distress the pearlescent paper so that it visually blends in with the leaves and the bird better. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Hope you have a wonderful and creative day:)




1 comment: