Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy Birthday and Blue Spring Flowers

I was busy moving my craft and art stuff to the sunny room.   It is about 95% done and I decided that it is good enough and I should make my very first card in the sunny room! 

The gradient background of this card was done long time ago when I was testing my Sennelier watercolour.  It was done on a 140LB Winsor & Newton Artist's watercolour paper.  I didn't have any use of it not until I got this beautiful Diamond background die from Poppy Stamps!  To make the background more interesting, I decided to put back some of the die cut pieces!

The flowers are from Simon Says Stamp's Spring Flower stamp set.  I love these flowers,  they are so beautiful and so versatile.  I coloured them loosely with Copic markers and fuzzy cut them out for this card.   I also decided to give the bouquet some dimension by only raising the flowers with Dimensional adhesive.

Making this card was a breeze up till I have to put a happy birthday sentiment on it.  I don't like black strip on this card, I want the card to be light and colourful, black doesn't go with what I want the card to feel and look like.  I have tried so many other colours but none of them gave the effect I want.  Finally found some velum paper and decide to use the blue one to tied the blue flowers to the card.  But then I have problem deciding the colour for the happy birthday words on the blue velum paper!  It took me quite a while to finally get the sentiment done!







Thank you for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment